Bike & Ride
All CVTD buses are equipped with a bike rack on the front. They are sturdy and easy to use.
Loading the Bicycle
- Simply grab the bar on the front of the bike rack and pull down to unfold it.
- Lift bike onto the rack, fitting the tires where indicated with marks for front wheels. Use slot closest to bus first.
- Pull support arm out and up over the front tire to secure it in place.
Unloading the Bicycle
- Before you get off the bus, tell the driver you want to unload your bike.
- Pull the support arm out and down over the tire to release it from the rack
- Lift your bike out of the rack and onto the curb. If the rack is empty, fold up the rack to the locked position.
- Stand clear of the bus & signal the driver you are finished.
- For safety reasons, the driver is not allowed to help you load or unload your bicycle.
- The bike rack is made to hold three bikes. If the rack is full, please wait for the next bus.
- Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus.
- Children under the age of 12 may use racks only if accompanied by an adult (age 18 years and over).
- The tire size of your bicycle must be at least 16" in diameter. This excludes some children bicycles.
- Motorized bikes are not allowed.
- Bikes with child seats, large carriers or other attachments considered hazardous are not allowed.
Video of how to load & unload your bike on the bus.
CVTD is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles on CVTD bicycle racks. You are responsible for property securing your bike to the rack. The driver will not move the bus until your bike appears to be safely secured with the support arm.